Monday, March 2, 2015

{Mission Preparation Round 3}



Let me just start with this: Life is BUSY.
Holy cow.
Every day there are about a billion and a half things to do.
And that's all besides preparing for a mission.


Today's focus: General Preparation

Just a hint for all those getting ready to leave: YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO IT ALL.
First off, ask your mom or your grandma or whoever that lady is from your ward.
They will help you. Seriously just ask.

Second, realize that you will be studying the gospel and your mission language up to 10 hours a day in the Missionary Training Center.
Yes, it is definitely a good thing to study all you can. But there's other things to get in order too.
The Lord needs you to be temporally prepared.
All those things need to be in order and He understands that!!
He doesn't expect you to give up your life yet. That comes once you are set apart.

For me, here are a few things left on the to-do list:
  • SHOPPING - I still have a lot of things to go buy..
  • Getting scholarships in order - A lot of schools and scholarships require a copy of your mission call to be submitted to them.
  • Wisdom teeth - later this week. Can you tell how excited I am?
  • Order new eye glasses and contacts.
  • Mission and family pictures.
  • Mark all clothes with iron on labels
  • Print 4 generation chart
  • Family photo album
As you can tell, there is still a lot to get done, not to mention being spiritually ready for an 18 month excursion into a foreign land.

Now here's some pretty pictures of Peru for you to enjoy.


It's gorgeous and I am super excited!


Awesome old buildings!


This one for my mom. She has this things with cool old doors.. 

I will be sure to send home lots of pictures! I love pictures!! 
I just wish my dad still had more of his adventures in Peru.
Oh well. I'm sure I will have enough for every day of the year for like 3 years when I get home.


xo Hugs and Kisses xo
Until next time,

Hermana Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment