Monday, February 23, 2015

{Mission Preparation Round 2}


What's up my homies?
Continued levels of preparation.

Today's focus: study: language.
There is SO much out there to study. Let's narrow it down by focusing on language!


STUDY: LANGUAGE
So I'm going Spanish speaking, right?
Here's some helpful hints on language study:

*Consistency!
Be consistent in your study. It helps. A LOT.

*Use what you know!
I took 2ish years of Spanish in high school. 
There's a lot I don't remember, but the words I have been using are solid!
Once you learn the word for door (la puerta, in case you wondered) substitute it!
It might feel and sound awkward at first, but your family/roommates will learn with you and be patient (hopefully).

*Duolingo
This is the best app I have found to learn a language. It's simple, it's free, it doesn't take long. 
Use this. And again, be consistent in using it!!

*Watch movies!
I have spent the last two weeks watching every movie and show in Spanish with Spanish subtitles. 
This works especially well if you already know the story. You begin connecting words and ideas. 
Disney movies have been my personal favorite. 
The antagonist is almost always more sassy in Spanish. It's hilarious.

*Maybe watch Dora?
If you really don't feel comfortable and confident with your Spanish, Dora is always there to help.


Who knows? Maybe you'll be able to help her find the Big Red Hill.

Like anything you are trying to learn, consistency, practice, and hard work are what it takes.


xo Hugs and Kisses xo
Until next time,

Hermana Morris 

No comments:

Post a Comment