Monday, March 30, 2015

{Mission Preparation Round 6}


First off, HUGE apology for skipping last week...
The closer you get to leaving, the busier you are. It's insane.

So be prepared for that crazy busy feeling!
One of the hardest things for me has been staying motivated lately.
I'm tired of working and cleaning my room and packing.
I JUST WANT TO LEAVE.
I know it will come soon enough, but it's just to that point.

4 weeks until my farewell and 5 weeks until I leave. 

So what are my tips and helps on staying motivated?
Here's a few things I have found to really help!

*Follow the mission schedule as best you can. 
This includes getting up and exercising! This has helped me start my day out positively, I feel better about myself, and I see progress! And who doesn't love actually getting 8 hours of sleep?

*Keep it all in perspective.
Sometimes the Lord's timing is different than ours. 

*PRAY.
I can't tell you how much more often I have prayed since I got my call. Before it was maybe twice or three times a day. Now it's like every 10 minutes I ask for help.

*Serve everyone around you.
Family, friends, coworkers, waiters, anyone. They are all God's children. You never know what they may need. On a mission and in life, we should be serving constantly.
I like to look at people and think, "How can I serve them today?"
It has made me learn to love my friends and family more. This one has changed me tons already.

Well those are a few tips from me. Share with us any you have found helpful to staying motivated!!

This next little section, I just want to share some thoughts and quotes from studying the last few weeks.

"Quit telling God how big your storms are, and start telling your storms how big your God is."
I heard this at church yesterday and loved it. God is greater than ALL.


Quick side story. Last week I had the awesome opportunity to go to lunch with a friend visiting from out of state. He is a very devout Christian, and we had the opportunity to discuss a few things. We talked a lot about Christ and our relationship with him. We naturally discussed our differing views on grace and salvation. He asked me a lot of questions I couldn't answer. I don't know everything, despite the fact that I wish I did.
Some of these questions got me thinking.
Specifically about Christ and my relationship with him. The next chapter in family reading was Mosiah 3.
Mosiah chapter 3.
Honestly it's amazing. I read through it like 3 times in the last week. My heart was filled with gratitude when I realized how much we know about Christ and His Atonement. READ MOSIAH 3. It is amazing and I was honestly so grateful for the knowledge I have. It amazes me how much God wants us to know. We just have to seek.

So those were my greatest spiritual enlightenment of the week.
I know this post is getting long, but I didn't write last week.. Bear with me!!

Here are a few really helpful links to shopping/packing lists!! These are some of my favorites.



This one is helpful to adjusting to those wonderful new G's!
Tips on How to Look Cute with Garments!


I hope these are helpful. I like having multiple lists because I almost always forget something. It's good to compile them to your needs! I hope you all have a fantastic week!

xo Hugs and Kisses xo


Until next time,


Hermana Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment